Yes….there is such a thing as a great script for door-knocking. There are two major keys for making door-knocking effective:
1) Some information of value to the homeowner.
2) A skilled, natural delivery of the information by the agent.
This video is the “Hot Market” Update Script that provides the content for an effective conversation with a homeowner at their door. Obviously the exact message of value must use actual, up-to-date information for it to have relevance with the homeowner. Also the end of the script will naturally have to be adjusted to personalize it to the prospects actual plans. If you want help learning to use this or other “scripts” powerfully and effectively in a way that will actually get results, let me know.
Here’s the video….
And here’s the script….
HOT MARKET JUST SOLD SCRIPT
Hi, this is ____________________ with _________________!
I was dropping by (calling) to let you know there were ____ homes that have sold in your area in the last ______ days … that sold in less than 30 days (or …that all sold at or above list price…!
And we know that when homes start selling like that … 2 or 3 more will sell right away … So I was wondering ….
1. When do you plan on moving? (Never) Terrific!
2. How long have you lived at this address? (10 yrs) Great!
3. Where did you move from? (L.A) Good For You!
4. How did you happen to pick this area? (Job transfer) Excellent!
5. If you were to move … where would you go next? (Back to L.A) That’s Exciting!
6. And when would that be? (3 months) Fantastic!
(Only go forward if they say 3 months or less!)
7. Obviously … you realize it could take 1 to 3 months in this market to get a home sold … did you know that? (No) Terrific!
8. So … my question is … do you have to be sold in 1 month … or do you want to start selling at the that time? (Sold) wonderful!
9. Fortunately … to get you one step closer to (LA) … all we need to do now … is simply set an appointment … so I can help you get what you want … in the time you want … won’t that be great? ( ) Fantastic!
10. Which would be better for you … Monday or Tuesday at 4pm?